G&L CLF Heritage L-2000 3 Tone Sunburst
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The new CLF Research L-2000 is a fully modern 2k that pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced CLF knobs and 81 control plate, and color-coded mini toggle switch tips. Thin urethane finish choices are Candy Apple Red or Jet Black over basswood, Natural Ash, and faded 3-Tone Sunburst over Okoume.
This bass weighs 9.4 lbs.
- MODEL: CLF Heritage L-2000
- BODY WOOD: Okoume
- BODY FINISH: 3 Tone Sunburst
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- KNOBS: CLF-chrome
- NECK PROFILE: CLF Slim C Profile - 1 5/8" Nut Width, 9 1/2" Radius
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Vintage Tine Urethane
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- NECK OTHER: Black Pearl Face Dots
- NUT: Bone
- TUNERS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- CASE: Deluxe Tolex Hardshell