G&L CLF Research L-2500 S750 Blueburst / Maple
The new Wide•5 of Fender Avenue is the biggest thing since Leo’s L•2000 hit back in ’81. We call it the G&L L•2500 Series 750 and it’s packing everything that makes the L•2000 and L•2500 icons. So what’s new? The Series 750 is a fiver with a full 3/4-inch string spacing at the bridge, just like Leo’s four-string basses – that’s why we call it a Wide•5.
After all, it’s in the name: Leo’s four-strings have “three-quarter-inch” string spacing, so we’ve got 3/4″ > 0.750″ > 19.03mm. When someone says a five-string has “nineteen millimeter” string spacing, that’s just a metric conversion of Leo’s original four-string spec, so here on Fender Avenue it’s gotta be “Seven-Fifty.” The CLF Research L•2500 and other G&L fivers continue with narrower 11/16” string spacing at the bridge, as popularized on 1980s for fivers. The L•2500 Series 750 is for players who want the full three-quarter inch spacing on the most iconic of G&L designs.
Series 750 means there’s a new Wide-5 Saddle Lock bridge plate housing five of the same saddles you’ll find on an L•2000. This new bridge is all about maximizing string energy transfer to the body – especially that knockout B-string. The new body shape draws on classic Fender Avenue forms, melding them into a fresh hit for the ages. That’s a sweet story in itself, as Series 750 arrives exactly forty years after the G&L L•2000 did. And those big pickups are more than stretched out brutes: all the harmonic detail of the best MFD humbuckers speak in a clear voice over massive B-string energy.
- MODEL: Series 750 CLF Research L-1000
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- BODY FINISH: Natural Gloss Urethane
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock 19mm
- KNOBS: CLF-Chrome
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Slim C 5 1.775" Nut Width 9.5" Radius
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple Neck w/ Matching Fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Vintage Tint Urethane
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo
- NECK OTHER: Black Pearl Face Dots
- NUT: Bone
- TUNERS: G&L Ultralite Tuners w/ Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- PICKUP: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD™ L-Series humbucker
- CONTROLS: Volume/Treble/Bass-Series/Split/Parallel Toggle Switch
- CASE: Hardshell Case Included
- WEIGHT: 9.6 lbs