G&L L-1000 Series 750 Natural MP
The new L-1000 Series 750 is the latest G&L five string bass featuring 19mm string spacing at the bridge, just like Leo Fender’s four-string basses. Series 750 refers to an SAE measurement of “three-quarter-inch” string spacing: 3/4″ = 0.750″ = 19.03mm = nineteen millimeters.
L-1000 Series 750 is the “Widebody Wunkay” built with G&L’s “Wide 5” Saddle Lock bridge plate that houses five of the very same saddles used on G&L four-string basses. That extra space is neatly packed into a curvaceous new body drawing on classic Fender Avenue forms. A new MFD humbucker has been modified for its largest footprint ever, but special care was taken to ensure harmonic fidelity while capturing deep B-string energy.
The “Widebody Wunkay” is a fresh model yet classic Fender Avenue details are everywhere. The graceful early CLF/G&L headstock flows into a slim, rounded neck profile supported by a true dual-action truss rod and twin graphite reinforcement rods. Authentic 1980 cues continue with chunky CLF machined knobs, sweeping control plate, and three-position mini-toggle switch for coil control including the famous L-1000 “OMG” mode.
This bass weighs 8.9 lbs.
- MODEL: Series 750 CLF Research L-1000
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- BODY FINISH: Natural Gloss Urethane
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock 19mm
- KNOBS: CLF-Chrome
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Slim C 5 1.775" Nut Width 9.5" Radius
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple Neck w/ Matching Fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Vintage Tint Urethane
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo
- NECK OTHER: Black Pearl Face Dots
- NUT: Bone
- TUNERS: G&L Ultralite Tuners w/ Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- PICKUP: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD™ L-Series humbucker
- CONTROLS: Volume/Treble/Bass-Series/Split/Parallel Toggle Switch
- CASE: Hardshell Case Included