G&L JB Matcha Green Frost Ebony
Here's a brand new G&L JB in Matcha Tea Frost with an Ebony fingerboard. This one has an interesting story. It began life as a Custom Shop JB the was built for one of G&L's endorsing artists. For whatever reason, the artist did not take the bass and so G&L made me a wonderful offer to move the bass to a dealer. They let me have it at normal "Build To Order" USA pricing which is usually about a $1000 less than a comparable Custom Shop build.
The neck is made of 3A Flame Maple (usually only available through the Custom Shop for a $150 upgrade), and it is drop dead gorgeous. The fretboard is Ebony, and it also has some subtle flame or ribbon figure to it. The photos don't do the neck justice, it is pretty spectacular in person!
I have no idea how G&L broke down the price on this one, I just know the total price they require me to show in my advertising. So I won't bother with the usual breakdown of the price in the Features list below. Suffice to say, this bass should be at least $1000 more than the price shown.
This bass weighs 8.6 lbs.
- MODEL: JB
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- BODY FINISH: Matcha Green, Satin "Frost" Top Coat
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- KNOBS: J-type Black
- PICKGUARD: 3-Ply Tortoise Shell
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Medium C - 1 1/2" Nut Width, 9.5" radius
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn 3A Flame Maple Neck w/ Ebony Fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Satin Clear, Body Color Headstock
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo
- NECK OTHER: White Pearl Face Dots
- NUT: Bone
- TUNERS: G&L Ultralite Tuners w/ Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- NECK PICKUP: G&L JB Alnico 5 single-coil, Black
- BRIDGE PICKUP: G&L JB Alnico 5 single-coil, Black
- CONTROLS: Volume/Blend/Tone
- CASE: Hardshell Case Included
- SERIAL NUMBER: CLF2210149
- TOTAL $3050